- Introduce yourself shortly.
My name is Elie B. Akili. I am 22 years old and I am studying at Estonian Business School in Tallinn. I was born in Democratic Republic of Congo but I grew up in Finland. I am a creative and ambitious young man with a lot of ideas about my future. In addition, I have developed many hobbies in my life. For example, I love reading, computers and Internet, music and sports.
- Tell us three facts about you.
I was born in 1995
I have a big family
I am a good listener and I love to work with others, as well
- Why did you decide to come to study in EBS in Estonia?
First of all, because EBS is an international school. It provides a good opportunity to study finance and accounting. In addition to that, I can apply to other universities across the world after my bachelor’s.
- What’s the best thing about business?
The best thing about business is an understanding of how organizations operate and a detailed overview of economic fluctuations and other external changes affecting business.
- What’s the craziest thing on your bucket list?
To have enough money to do all the things on my list.
- What should everyone try at least once during their lifetime?
Everyone should try to invite a poor person to a warm meal.
- If you could have one superpower what would it be?
I prefer intangibility, the ability to phase through solid matter without harm.
- Where do you see yourself in the far future?
I see myself solving problems in Africa by providing sustainable solutions and alternatives on how to improve education.
- Your favorite quote.
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Translator: Triin Tikk
Editor: Kart Mättikas
Photo: Elie Akili