- Introduce yourself shortly.
Hi! I am Liisa-Maria Lillepea and as my last name already in Estonian says, yes, I am a flowerhead!
- From one Flower to another, what are your main plans for The Ebster as the new editor-in-chief starting from today?
Firstly I would like to say – all the tight hugs in the universe to Laura-Liisa! She has done an amazing work building up the Ebster! My plan is to keep and make the Ebster inspiring and motivational. Ebster is a place, where you can find successful business stories and also failure stories, meet new people around the world, get unique tips and tricks for travelling and life, to be entertaining yet encouraging.
- Name 3 cool things that you are going to do this summer.
Besides all the mini-vacations and road trips around Estonia, one thing I’m really excited about is organizing the backyard movie-night event with my partner in crime. In August I’m flying to Zurich to hear my favourite artists play live. And haha, when I was a kid, I wanted to be a rally driver, so now I’m finally getting my driving licence done, maybe you will see me soon at WRC! And about summer, we all know that the best things usually happen spontaneously!
- Tell us about your favourite travel memory.
There was this midnight at French Riviera, when the stars were shining and the sky was clear. I was up in the mountains, looking down at the glowing city lights. There was this break where even the wind didn’t blow, it was so quiet and so beautiful.
- If you had to get a tattoo right now, what would it be and where would you get it?
If I really had to, I would tattoo a tree trunk core under my foot soles and a silhouette of a sun on the back of my neck, both teeny-tiny sized 😉 .
- Who has been your biggest inspiration in life?
Women in my family! Flower-power is running in all of our veins. Family has always been my biggest and most powerful support. But I see inspiration in everything and everywhere, you just have to look, but have to be able to see too!
- You’re spending your Spring semester 2018 in Bocconi, why Italy?
It’s incredibly difficult not to fall in love with Italy, this country has my heart! Italy for me is so diverse, yet so genuine. It has been a plan of mine for long to live and study in Italy, flying to Bocconi was a must when I came to EBS.
- Having been a buddy in the International Club this past semester what are the most important things you learned during this experience?
Meeting and getting to know people from all around the world in International Club broadens your horizon in a unique way. It has given me a true multicultural know-how of working in an international team and given me a wonderful list of good jokes and laughs with such special people! Distance seems to mean nothing when people ask you to come over to Canada or wave at you saying “See you in France!”. It has taught me to be open-minded and open-hearted, always!
- If you could do only one sport until the rest of your life what would it be?
Running, the longer the run, the better the feeling.
- Quote to live by?
‘’I will not be another flower, picked for my beauty and left to die. I will be wild, difficult to find, and impossible to forget!’’
Photo: Liisa-Maria Lillepea
Editor: Carina Kärt Mättikas