Tere everybody! I’m Francesca and for 4 months I have written the “Meet Me Monday”. It was a pleasure to become a member of the student council and write and publish articles on “The Ebster”. I have met a lot of beautiful people and I have learnt a bit of Estonian. I’d like to say thank you to everyone who follows me in this adventure and a special thank you to Laura-Liisa who always gave me all the advice that I needed! This is my last “Meet Me Monday” that I share with you. But this time I am on the other side. I hope to meet all of you in the future! Goodbye!
1. Introduce yourself
Hi, I’m Francesca, 21 years old and I am a bachelor student from Italy.
2. How did you end up in Estonia?
I chose Estonia because of its position. I love travelling and coming here was a great opportunity to explore new countries and new cultures. Now I have put a tick on 5 new ones: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia and Finland!
3. What are the things you love and hate most about Estonia?
I love Estonia because this country has an international environment and it is always possible to meet new people. And sorry guys, but I totally hate the food here. I tried to give more than one opportunity to your dishes but without any success!
4. You are graduating this spring, what are your plans after that?
First of all, I’d like to make a big trip somewhere. One of my dreams is visiting Machu Picchu! After that I think I will continue my studies but when and where is still a mystery!
5. Any tips for other Erasmus students who would like to study in Estonia?
Don’t stop to the first impression! This country can hide fantastic surprises.
6. If you could invite 8 people, living or not, to the “World’s Greatest Dinner Party,” who would be on your list?
It’s a strange question. The list could be formed of some people who I’d like to meet. Maybe Shakespeare, J.K Rowling, Will Smith, Walt Disney, Steve Jobs, Mika and my mother so I can be sure that the food would be delicious!
7. What’s your go to song to dance the stress away?
Maybe “Staring at the sun”. It gives me peace and relaxation!
8. If you could be any famous person from the past who would you be and why?
She isn’t a person from the past but I would like to be Julie Andrews: a great actress and a nice woman.
9. What’s the biggest difference and similarity between Estonians and Italians?
Italians are more extroverted while Estonians don’t speak so much at the beginning. But they both have big hearts!
10. Words to finish with?
Goodbye everyone and good luck for the future! Ciao Ciao!
Photo: Francesca Maffei
Questions: Rebecca Põldma and Laura-Liisa Lilleberg
Editor: Kärt Mättikas